About this Guide
This guide was created to help you understand the accreditation process in preparation for the accreditation site visit, happening March 6-9, 2017. Use the yellow tabs above to learn about specific topics.
- Get financial aid
- Get a degree or a certificate
- Transfer to a four-year school
- Receive an education that
- meets set standards
- is recognized by the public as high quality
- compares with what other schools offer
In March 2017, a team of eleven educators from other community colleges read the report and visit campus for one week. During the visit, the team will ask questions of faculty, staff, students, and administrators to learn more about COM and to evaluate whether they think COM meets the standards set for community colleges to receive accreditation, or if there are areas for improvement.
After the visit, the team provides the results of their evaluation and recommendations to the Commission. The Commission will review the team's evaluation and recommendations and make a final decision in June.
- Eligibility Requirements (ER)
- Standards for Self Evaluation
- Standard I: Mission, Academic Quality, Institutional Effectiveness, Integrity
- Standard II: Student Learning Programs & Support Services
- Standard III: Resources
- Standard IV: Leadership & Governance
- Quality Focus Essay (QFE)
- Start at the COM website
- Click "About COM"
- Click "Accreditation"
Here you will find the current ISER, the 2010 Self Study and Follow Up Reports, a link to meet the visiting team, information from ACCJC, and more!