The College of Marin Library subscribes to a number of databases, which provide online access to articles, books, and, more. Access the databases through the MyCOM portal:
- Log in to the MyCOM Portal
- Click the “Services” tab
- Scroll down to “Library” section
- Click "Library Search" link
- SuperSearch (top center of page)
- Databases A - Z (left side of page)
Why Use Library Databases?
- Are paid for by the Library so that you can have free access to scholarly information.
- Content is evaluated for authority and accuracy.
- Information is stable, meaning it doesn't disappear after a period of time.
- Through subject pages it is easy to find databases with information that relates specifically to your topic
- Offer options to quickly limit or expand your search results to find the best articles for your topic.
- Databases can have a specific focus, such as History Reference Center, or can be more general, such as Academic Search Complete.
- College of Marin Library has approximately 50 databases. Our most popular databases:
- Many sources are free, but others require you to pay.
- Information is not evaluated for accuracy and may be incorrect, misleading or biased.
- Websites come and go.
- Is not organized.
- Search engines (like Google) often return an overwhelming number of results. These search engines offer no quick way of narrowing your results to ensure they relate to your topic.
Subject Databases and Class Research Guides
- Behavioral Science
- Business & Business Office Systems
- Computer Information Systems & Computer Science
- Court Reporting
- Dental Assisting
- Early Childhood Education
- English as a Second Language
- Environmental Landscaping
- Ethnic Studies
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Political Science
- Programs, Clubs, and More!
- Real Estate
- Subject Guides
Search for Specific Periodicals
Want to know if the Library has access to a particular magazine, newspaper, or academic journal?
- Go to MyCOM; click "Services," scroll down to Library, and click "Library Search"
- Find SuperSearch near top of page; click "Search" with nothing in search box
- Click "Publications Locator" at top of page; type name of magazine, newspaper or journal