Get Help from the Library
Learning Resource Center, 2nd Floor
(415) 485 - 9656
Group Research Activity
Presentations Due Wednesday, September 21, 2016
As a way to prepare to read The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian, you will be divided into groups that will take an active part in researching and learning more about topics related to the book as a means of improving reading comprehension and getting the most out of what you read.
Your research will be shared with the class, making it possible for everyone to learn and/or understand more about the references made by Sherman Alexie in The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian thereby helping you better understand what you read. All information will be presented to the class orally with some type of visual aid.
Each group will be assigned one of the following topics:
- Wellpinit, WA: map, location, climate, natural resources, interesting facts
- Reardan, WA: map, location, climate, natural resources, interesting facts
- Spokane Indian Tribe & Reservation: past and present
- Powwow: meaning, history, and activities
- Sherman Alexie: biography and any other interesting facts
Each presentation is worth 25 points.
Each group will be graded on the following:
1) Content & Information
2) Visual Aid
3) Presentation of the Information
Student Learning Outcomes
Learning outcomes for this library session include:
2. Synthesizes new information with current understanding and experience in order to acquire insight and expand knowledge base.