Get Help from the Library
Learning Resources Center
Mon-Thurs: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Indian Valley Campus
Main Building, Room 124
Office: & Hours: FH 112 Mon, Tues, & Thurs 11:15-12:15 or by appointment
Your research paper is due December 5.
You must email me your finished paper by Dec 5. Late papers will be penalized a half of a grade for each day late. In other words, a B paper which is one day late will be downgraded to B-, two days late will be a C+, three days late a C, four days late a C- etc.
This paper is a formal piece of writing and its content will be evaluated along with aspects of standard essay writing, i.e. grammar, organization, coherence.
You should use 8-10 sources for this paper.
Your paper should be 1500 - 2000 words, double-spaced, 11 or 12 point font. Do not exceed these limits.
Research Paper Instructions:
Select a specific issue related to a political economic, or social concern affecting a Middle Eastern country which we are studying this term. Your paper should cover the following:
1. A very brief background of the issue
2. A statement of how the issue affects the country’s development or growth
3. How is the government of the country addressing the issue?
4. How are internal or external interest groups/organizations addressing this issue?
5. Explain the role of the US or other developed countries in addressing or complicating the issue.
6. Analyze the media coverage of the issue.
7. Based on your research, what do you think is the best possible resolution of the issue?